Attn: filmmakers! We’re having our yearly Global Cardboard Challenge Video Contest. If you were a part of the 2014 Global Cardboard Challenge (last day to register is Nov 1, 2014!), you are invited to enter.
Create a short video about your Cardboard Challenge and upload the final video to YouTube by Monday, November 10th. The Grand Prize winner will receive a one-year Adobe Creative Cloud Membership, a classic Makedo kit (good for a group of 30) and a STAFF t-shirt. Special thanks to our friends at Adobe and Makedo for their generous support. (For additional prize info, see bottom of post.)
Video Contest Rules
- Video must be your own original work.
- Recommended length: 5 mins or less (but whatever it takes to realize your artistic vision!)
- Include the Imagination Foundation and 2014 Global Cardboard Challenge logos and the www.cardboardchallenge.com url in your video.
- Upload to Youtube by 11:59 pm PDT on Monday Nov. 10th, 2014.
- In the YouTube description section, include a short blurb about your event, the filmmakers and info about the Global Cardboard Challenge and Imagination Foundation. Logos and language are here:http://www.imagination.is/logos. (You can also include links to blog posts, your organization’s website/facebook, etc. in this section.)
- Send an email to email@example.com with “2014 Video Contest Submission” in the subject heading, your contact info, link to your Cardboard Challenge event, and a link to your movie on YouTube.
- Winners will be contacted by Tuesday Dec. 2, 2014.
- Need music? Feel free to adapt and use our Global Cardboard Challenge theme song, create your own tune, or add tracks from YouTube’s Audio Library. You can also find free tracks via these Creative Commons music sites.
- Remember to properly title your video. E.g. ‘XX’s Cardboard Challenge in Los Angeles, CA’ is better than ‘HD_101114.’
- Check out some of prize-winning videos from last year: http://www.imagination.is/gcc_videos. Think about what makes you enjoy a particular video, what makes it stand out? Do you like the creations, the music, the colors, the interviews, the different shots, the editing, the animation or a little bit of everything? Keep some of these elements in mind as you put together your video, but don’t be afraid to let your imagination run wild!
- Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
- The Grand Prize winner will receive a one-year Adobe Creative Cloud Membership, a classic Makedo kit (good for a group of 30) and a STAFF t-shirt.
- 1st and 2nd Prize will receive the Adobe Creative Cloud Memberships and a STAFF t-shirt.
- 3rd Prize will receive a one-year subscription to Make Magazine and a STAFF t-shirt.